The 10 commandments of business:
(according to Marketing 3.0 by Kotler, Kartajaya and Setiawan 2010)
- Love your customer, respect your competitors.
- Treat your customers with love, and your competitors with respect.
- Be sensitive to changes, prepare to adapt.
- When times change, change with time.
- Guard your name, and show yourself.
- Clarify your values and don’t give them up.
- Customers are diversified, target those who need you most first.
- Focus on those you can be most valuable to.
- Offer a good deal at a fair price.
- Use fair prices to show your quality.
- Make yourself available, and spread the good news.
- Help your potential customers to find you.
- Get customers, keep them and train them.
- Consider your customers customers for live.
- Whatever field you’re in, you provide a service.
- Every business is a service provider, because every product delivers a service.
- Sharpen you business process at all times regarding quality, cost and delivery.
- Improve your business process every day in every way.
- Gather relevant information but use your sense taking the final decision.
- Wise leaders evaluate more than the financial effect of a decision.
Based on these 10 guidelines and a good set of values, I believe that a company on a mission to change peoples lives in a good way, while taking care of environmental and social challenges will win.